Manufacturer: John Crane
Welded Metal Bellows Gas lubricated, Non contacting, Dual Cartridge Seal with Elastomeric Secondary Seals
The Type 2800MB is a state of the art welded metal bellows, gas lubricated, non contacting seal for achieving 0.0 fugitive emissions for Maximum Achievable Control Technology compliance in new or existing large bore seal chambers. The seal provides high reliability sealing of volatile fluids in chemical and petrochemical processes. The Type 2800MB is ideal for those applications where a dynamic O ring is prone to attack from a sealing environment that could affect the proper function of a conventional dynamic elastomer.
• Gas lubricated, non contacting dual seal cartridge.
• Provides 0.0 fugitive emissions for Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) compliance in new or existing large bore seal chambers.
• Spiral groove technology for extended seal life, reduced power consumption and elimination of wet seal lubrication systems.
• Reverse pressure capability.
• Simplified support system.
• Static secondary seal.
• Dual mating ring arrangement meets API 682 design requirements.
TEMPERATURE LIMITS40°F to 500°F/ 40°C to 260°C
PRESSURE LIMITS230 psi(g)/16 bar(g)
SPEED LIMITS1450 to 3600 rpm