Manufacturer: John Crane
Non contacting, Non elastomer Metal Bellows Outward Pumping Dual Gas Seal for High temperature Applications
A new, highly reliable gas lubricated API 682 (ISO 21049) qualified high temperature, non contacting mechanical seal that utilizes internally pressurized outward pumping spiral groove face technology with high temperature seal features such as Inconel welded metal bellows and non elastomeric flexible carbon graphite secondary seals. This innovative design technology is ideally suited for reliably sealing high temperature process fluids on rotating equipment up to 800°F/425°C and fluids requiring inert secondary seals. Innovative alternative to conventional wet contacting seals that permits reliable operation in high temperature services. Fugitive emissions for Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) compliance for sealing higher temperature, volatile or hazardous fluids. API 682/ISO 21049 qualified. Elastomer free seal handles a wide range of applications. Eliminates problems associated with coking barrier fluids and fouled heat exchangers.
• Centrifugal advantage: process fluid at the OD of the bellows.
• Pressure balanced design withstands full reverse pressurization.
• Static secondary seals have high temperature capability and eliminate the cost of expensive perfluoro elastomers.
• Edge welded metal bellows.
• Dual mating ring arrangement meets API 682 design requirements.
• Spiral groove technology for superior operating performance.
• Eliminates problems with coking barrier fluids and fouled heat exchangers.
TEMPERATURE LIMITS100°F to 800°F/ 75°C to 425°C
PRESSURE LIMITSVacuum to 230 psi(g)/16 bar(g)
SPEED LIMITS(See Basic Pressure Ratings curve on Product Specification sheet.)
1450 to 3600 rpm