Manufacturer: ITT Goulds
Goulds 3296 EZMAG Chemical Process Pump. Reliable, Simple, EZ to Maintain
The 3296 EZMAG is a robust, magnetic drive pump compliant to ANSI B73.1 dimensional standards. It is designed to handle many difficult applications including fluids difficult to seal and applications requiring zero emissions. The 3296 EZMAG is the ANSI dimensioned expasion of ITT's successful model ICM, an ISO magnetic drive process pump first introduced in the fall of 2000.
• Capacities to 700 gpm
• Heads to 550 ft
• Temperatures to 535° F (280° C)
• Pressures to 275 PSIG
• Individual bearings are contained in a single cartridge assembly.
• Bearings are made of highly abrasive and corrosion resistant silicon carbide. Dryguard„¢ bearings are available for protection against occasional dry run conditions.
• In the event of bearing failure, the cartridge design contains the bearings and prevents further damage to pump internals.
• Installation and replacement of bearings is simple. Only one component to install.
• Patented cartridge features leaf springs to accommodate the different rates of thermal expansion between the silicon carbide bearings and the duplex steel cartridge.
• Pumping Screw Geometry Ensures Bearings Stay Lubricated
• The clearance between the stationary and rotating bearings (X) is smaller than the clearance between the inner magnet and containment shell. In the event of a bearing failure it is impossible for the inner magnet to contact the containment shell.
• The containment shell is the most important component isolating the pumpage from the atmosphere.
• The containment shell is a deep drawn single piece design made from Hastelloy C for reliable corrosion resistance.
• The vortex breaking bead at the bottom of the can prevents erosion.
• Burst pressure is greater than 2,175 psi.
• The heat generation from dry run conditions is the number one mode of failure for sealless pumps. Dryguard„¢ is a diamond like carbon that reduces the coefficient of friction by over 70% enabling short periods of safe operation under dry run conditions. Dryguard„¢ is up to 2X harder than silicon carbide, ensuring its benefits cannot be compromised in even the harshest conditions.
• The 3296 EZMAG's reliable flush circuit features patent pending geometry to ensure the bearings receive proper lubrication. Axial vanes on the driven magnet move fluid around the back of the containment shell. Spiral grooves in the bearing cartridge transport fluid through the cartridge and back in the casing. Bearings stay lubricated and heat resulting from eddy current losses is carried away.
• The 3296 EZMAG was designed with the end user in mind. Fewer parts make planned maintenance faster and easier than other sealless and sealed process pumps. The S Group is also available in a close coupled configuration, further eliminating the need for time consuming pump and motor alignment.
• The 3296 EZMAG is perfect for applications above 350°F. This pump can handle fluides up to 535°F. The design concept is identical to the 3296 EZMAG. A special "High Temperature" bearing cartridge is used to handle the additional rate of thermal expansion. Lastly, samarium cobalt magnets are used to accommodate the temperature range.
• Close coupled configuration is available on six sizes, the 1x1.5 6, 1.5x3 6, 2x3 6, 1x1.5 8, 1.5x3 8 and 2x3 8. This option eliminates the need for motor alignment during installation and requires less space than conventional frame mounted arrangements.