Manufacturer: ITT Goulds
Goulds SP 3298 for Self Priming Process Pump. Ideal for Moderate to Severe Corrosives. The SP 3298 can handle the tough chemical services. As a sealless design, it's an effective alternative to pumps with mechanical seal problems. Meets strictest EPA regulations.
• Heads to 145 feet (44 m)
• Temperatures to 250° F (120° C)
• Effective Static Lift to 20 ft (6 m)
• Design Features for Superior Self Priming Performance
• ONE PIECE CASING WITHOUT CHECK VALVE Provides reliable priming in all conditions. Eliminates the additional gooseneck component found on other brands. Retains proper amount of liquid in casing to prime without the use a troublesome check valve. Check valves are commonly used to retain liquid in the casing to assist in priming on successive uses. However, these check valves wear quickly and contribute additional losses on the suction side due to induced drag. Goulds has eliminated the check valve and the SP 3298 out performs our competition in priming times.
• THE VOLUTE INSERT Completes the self priming design. The volute separates the air from the liquid, expels the air through the discharge, and returns the liquid to the suction until all the air is removed and the pump is operating like a standard centrifugal pump.
• All components fully interchangeable with 3298 and V 3298, except the casing, volute insert, and backplate. Reduces spare parts inventory requirements.
Batch Chemical Process
Column Reflux or Bottoms