Manufacturer: John Crane
The Type 3740D dry running split seal is a mechanical seal designed for the large shaft run out and harsh operating conditions commonly associated with top entry vessel mixing services and other dry running applications. Type 3740D dry running split seals are suitable for use in equipment according to 94/9/EC (ATEX 95) Group II, Category 2 GD.
The Type 3740D is part of the 3740 Series of split seals, which includes the Type 3740 wet running split seal. These split seals use the latest modular split seal technology from John Crane that combines the unique design requirements for wet running and dry running services onto one common seal platform.
• Factory preassembled rotor assembly for fast, easy yet precise rotating face installation
• Separate stationary seal face for visual assurance the halves are correctly aligned
• Factory preassembled gland plate assembly for easy, single step installation
• Enhanced runout capability for large radial shaft movements
• Premium seal face materials for optimal performance
• Temporary wet running allowable
• Captive socket head cap screws to eliminate lost or dropped screws
• Same side screws on all hardware for easy access and faster installation
• Dovetail O ring grooves to contain all O rings without requiring adhesives
• Fast and easy field repair kits that do not require any special tools, adhesives or procedures
PRESSURE LIMITSVacuum to 80 psi(g) / 5.5 bar(g)