Manufacturer: John Crane
High temperature, Rotating Edge welded Metal Bellows Seal
The Type 609 is a high temperature (to 425°C/800°F) rotating seal head assembly that incorporates all of the rugged features of the Type 604, but is intended for those demanding applications where a dependable, high strength, rotating seal is preferred. A narrow cross section design enables the Type 609 to fit in the most popular pumps without expensive and time consuming seal chamber modifications. This makes it the ideal seal for heat transfer, hydrocarbon and other applications that commonly use pumps with limited seal chamber clearances. Typical applications include hot hydrocarbons, aqueous solutions, aromatic fractionation products, crude oil fractionation products and heat transfer fluids.
• DOUBLE PLY for high pressure applications.
• High temperature to 425°C/800°F.
• API 682 qualified.
• Available in dual and single cartridge arrangements.
• Available with secondary containment.
• Elastomer free design with flexible carbon graphite secondary seals.
• Seal face is available with premium grade carbon, silicon carbide, or tungsten carbide.
TEMPERATURE LIMITS100°F to 800°F/ 75°C to 425°C with flexible graphite static packing
PRESSURE LIMITSVacuum to 360 psi(g)/25 bar(g) - -DOUBLE PLY: Vacuum to 1000 psi(g)/69 bar(g) - -(See Basic Pressure Ratings curve on Product Specification sheet.) -