Manufacturer: John Crane
Non Pusher Elastomer Seal
8648VRS is a standardized non pusher elastomer mechanical seal using patented technology, designed specifically for difficult crude oil pipeline applications. Designed specifically with a focus on meeting the demanding requirements of pipeline pumping station duties.
The main risk of seal failure in these applications is due to the numerous problems associated with the secondary dynamic O ring, potentially resulting in hang up, fretting or stub sleeve wear. The design of the 8648VRS completely eliminates these common problems.
By allowing operation without the potential for secondary seal problems the 8648VRS provides longevity and reliability even in the most difficult crude oil applications.
• Non compressible flexible elastomer bellows
• Ear drive primary ring incorporates optimized ear drive design for increased drive torque capability
• Balanced design - balanced construction, including anti extrusion ring, permits use in the most demanding high pressure pipeline duties
• Rotating mating ring design - enhances cooling and permits use at higher shaft speeds
• Premium seal face materials permits sealing of difficult services at high operating pressures
• hIgh shore elastomer for lack of deformation and robust construction
• Axially compact and easy to install seal head assembly
• Based on well proven and industry respected high duty 48V design
• Hard faces are standard to handle higher viscosity fluids and high torque application and for abrasive wear resistance
• No O rings in the pusher head assembly to fret under pump shuttling
• Robust drive for all components for the most difficult of applications
TEMPERATURE LIMITS20°C to 204°C/ 4°F to 400°F
PRESSURE LIMITSUp to 100 barg/1500psig
SPEED LIMITSStatic Pressure up to 152 barg (2200 psig)