Closed-Circuit Cooling Systems
Manufacturer: Delta Cooling Towers
Closed-Circuit Cooling Systems
For job sites that require a closed-loop cooling system, Delta Cooling Towers last longer, save costs, and eliminate downtime.
In fact, when you invest in one of Delta’s Cooling Tower Systems, you are investing in keeping your system up and running. Request a Quote Now!
Delta: America’s Technology-Leading Source for Cooling Towers
Save Time & Costs
Delta Closed-Loop Cooling Water Systems are designed to keep your system working when you need it most. Each tower includes a seamless exterior shell. We mold the entire casing of the cooling tower as one piece so there are no joints or seams to require maintenance or develop leaks. The durable shell is made of engineered plastic (HDPE) and is entirely corrosion-proof. This innovative feature minimizes your maintenance costs over time. It also allows our water cooling towers to handle the toughest water cooling jobs in any climate while offering an industry-leading 20-year warranty.
In typical galvanized systems, corrosion will occur. They are vulnerable to other failures thanks to PH fluctuations, salt, chemicals, and other atmospheric conditions.
When compared with a stainless steel closed-loop system, Delta Cooling Towers’ closed-loop systems are significantly lower in price. Even when the competition uses jointed stainless panels on casing, the coil inside the tower is galvanized steel, which will corrode inside and out over time. The cost of replacing a galvanized system may even be more than the original closed-loop cooling tower.
Save yourself the stress and worry, choose Delta Cooling Towers!
Features of Delta Systems
Our systems are uniquely designed to offer efficiency and lower purchase and operating costs compared with galvanized systems. By choosing a Delta cooling system, you will feel confident and avoid downtime.
NOTE: For Visual, insert here the comparison chart: Cooling Tower Heat Exchanger System vs. Closed Circuit Cooling Tower that is found in the PDF at the bottom of this page.
Delta systems use less HP. In complying with ASHRAE standard 90.1, typical towers with heat rejection use two and a half times more HP. Delta systems require 17.5 HP, while a galvanized steel version needs 42 HP.
Additionally, the system also weighs 3-7 times less than a galvanized system, meaning that installers save on structure costs.
The heat exchanger skid can even be installed inside. Unlike outdoor coil systems, this does not require the additional maintenance.
About Delta’s Greener Closed-Loop System
Cooling Tower Heat Exchanger Systems Beat Closed-Circuit Cooling Towers for Economy & Efficiency!
Certain processes require a closed-loop, whereby the process water for cooling does not come in contact with the atmospheric air. This prevents the cooling water from picking up particles that may not get filtered or even dissolved gases. Closed-loop cooling requires more energy and has higher initial and lifecycle costs than an open cooling tower, but provides an added protection to expensive processes or chillers being cooled.
For closed-circuit cooling, Delta recommends a cooling tower plus a plate heat exchanger system. The skid-mounted plate heat exchanger provides a closed-circuit on the hot side of the heat exchanger. The non-corroding Delta cooling tower feeds the cold side of the plate heat exchanger. The advantages of this system over a closed-circuit cooling tower (usually galvanized sheet steel and galvanized steel coil inside a cooling tower box) are:
• Cost - Typically costs less to purchase & operate.
• HP - Less total HP required, green solution.
• ASHRAE 90.1 - Performance requirements for heat rejection equipment show closed-circuit cooling towers use 2.5 x more HP.
• Warranty - Delta cooling tower has 20-year casing warranty versus 1-year on galvanized steel.
• Expandability - Heat exchanger can handle future load increase by adding plates.
• Maintenance - Heat exchanger has stainless steel plates and is much more accessible than coil for easy cleaning.
• Weight – Delta tower is 3-7 x less weight, saving rigging and structure costs.
• Install Flexibility - Heat exchanger skid can be placed indoors without need to maintain Glycol solutions necessary with outdoor coil.
• Water Treatment - Easier and much less risk with engineered plastic cooling tower.
• Replacement Cost - Galvanized steel coil replacement cost (labor and material) often exceeds initial unit cost of closed-circuit cooling tower.
• Downtime - Delta system prevents costly downtime. Corrosion is only delayed with galvanizing and wet/dry operation, chemicals, PH fluctuations, salts, and other atmospheric conditions can lead to premature failure.
More on The Greener Option: Delta’s Closed-Loop System
Our systems are the greener option for a closed-loop system when compared with a closed-circuit cooling tower with a steel coil in the tower box.
• Water Efficient - We design our systems to save money and water. Both water chemistries and engineered plastic cooling towers are great options for conserving water. Water treatment is also much simpler, thanks to the engineered plastic cooling tower.
• 20-Year Warranty - We’re confident about our products, and we offer a 20-year warranty.
• Low Maintenance - These low-maintenance machines do not require preventative maintenance. Save cash with less intervention. When maintenance is necessary, it is easier to do. The heat exchanger’s stainless steel plates are easier to access for cleaning. In a coil-based system, cleaning access can be restricted.
• Made in the USA - With administrative offices in New Jersey and our manufacturing facility in West Virginia, Delta Cooling Towers is proud to make our products in the United States.
• Advanced Design - In the closed-loop cooling system, hot water feeds into the hot side of the heat exchanger from a heat source, and is cooled by the cooling tower water on the cold side of the stainless steel heat exchanger. The heat exchanger skid is designed for indoor or outdoor locations depending on space preferences.
Basic Design Features
Quality Cooling Tower Suppliers
Are you looking for a replacement for your industrial cooling tower? Has it taken a beating from the weather or chemical treatments? Has it lost its nozzles or motors and started to fail? Has the metal corroded beyond repair? Delta has earned its stellar reputation as the technology-leading cooling tower manufacturer in USA. Its advanced proprietary design excludes seams, welds, or patches, making maintenance minimal. There is no risk of corrosion or rust with our cooling towers. As a result, Delta’s Cooling Towers experience a long lifecycle!
As a technology-leading manufacturer, Delta makes it possible for you to fit the options of our systems to your needs. For example, we produce low-sound options to reduce the noise of the cooling tower fans.
Combination with Plate Heat Exchanger System
Our closed-circuit cooling systems are designed with a plate heat exchanger system. In the closed-loop cooling system, hot water feeds into the hot side of the heat exchanger from a heat source, and is cooled by the cooling tower water on the cold side of the stainless steel heat exchanger. The heat exchanger skid is designed for indoor or outdoor location depending on space preferences.
Our systems combine an engineered plastic HDPE cooling tower plus a stainless steel exchanger skid. The cooling tower is seamless and rust-proof to provide decades of service with low maintenance.
The Advantages Of This System Over A Closed-Circuit Cooling Tower (Usually Galvanized Sheet Steel And Galvanized Steel Coil Inside A Cooling Tower Box) Are:
• Cost: Typically Costs Less to purchase & operate
• HP: Less Total HP required, Green solution
• ASHRAE 90.1: Performance requirements for heat rejection equipment show closed-circuit cooling towers use 2.5 x more HP
• Warranty: Delta cooling tower has 20-Year casing warranty versus 1-Year on galvanized steel
• Expandability: Heat Exchanger can handle future load increase by adding plates
• Maintenance: Heat Exchanger has Stainless Steel plates and is much more accessible than coil for easy cleaning
• Weight: Delta tower is 3-7 times less weight saving rigging and structure costs
• Install Flexibility: Heat Exchanger skid can be placed indoors without need to maintain Glycol solutions necessary with outdoor coil
• Water Treatment: Easier and much less risk with Engineered Plastic Cooling Tower
• Replacement Cost: Galvanized steel coil replacement cost (labor and material) often exceeds initial unit cost of Closed Circuit Cooling Tower
• Downtime: Delta system prevents costly downtime. Corrosion is only delayed with galvanizing and wet/dry operation, chemicals, PH fluctuations, salts and other atmospheric conditions can lead to premature failure