Cooling Tower Treatment System
Manufacturer: Evoqua Water Technologies
Systems designed to control cooling basin zone filtration to overcome wasted inefficiencies and high power consumption.
• Low cost solution for the removal of particulate from cooling tower basin water
• Based on the micron selected (50 micron standard), the removal of all solids to the specified micron rating, can be achieved in a matter of hours not days
• Particulate removal efficiency is not affected by the specific gravity of the particulate or by varying flow rates through the screen filter
• The inclusion of agitation nozzles reduces tower blow down cycles, water waste, equipment maintenance and chemical use
The X™ Systems proprietary enhanced energy conservation package includes a PLC/VFD pump control, as well as basin zone control, which allows for smaller pumps to be used on large or even multiple cooling towers. As a part of the energy conservation system, a constant pressure is maintained in the supply lines for most efficient eductor nozzle performance.
The most unique feature of the X System is its ability to clean large or multiple cooling tower basins with only a small number of eductor nozzles by grouping them into cleaning zones. The specialized zone controller that is included with each package controls each zone by a 24/7/30-day calendar program that can be customized by the end user.
When used in conjunction with turbulator eductor nozzles, the X System efficiently maintains a clean tower basin by removing all particulate, even as light as algae or as small as silt, without interrupting the facility's processes.
• Pump fault alarms
• Motor protection
• Dry pump protection
• Impeller anti-jam
• Flow meter data logging
• Proper installation and orientation of the turbulator nozzles result in effective basin agitation at nozzle pressure between 0.5 and 4 bar (10 to 50 psi).
Enhanced energy conservation package includes a PLC/VFD pump control, as well as basin zone control, which allows for smaller pumps to be used on large or even multiple cooling towers. As a part of the energy conservation system, a constant pressure is maintained in the supply lines for most efficient eductor nozzle performance.
BASIN AGITATION SYSTEM WITH TURBULATOR EDUCTOR NOZZLES
When used in conjunction with cooling tower filter skids that include a pump, turbulator agitation nozzles will keep solids suspended for removal and significantly reduce tower "blow down" cycles, water waste, equipment waste, and chemical use.