Manufacturer: John Crane
Metal Bellows Dry running Secondary Emission Containment Seal
Available in low and high temperature designs, the ECS® is a dry running seal for emission containment and safety/backup that successfully controls VOC (volatile organic compounds) and VHAP (volatile hazardous air pollutant) emissions. The ECS provides an economical alternative to dual seals with liquid barrier systems. As a self contained cartridge, the outer ECS is used with either a rotating or stationary John Crane primary seal and will successfully contain any nominal leakage from the primary seal. The seal also acts as a backup providing and additional level of safety during process or system upsets.
• Will contain any nominal leakage from the primary seal and act as a backup providing an additional level of safety during process or system upsets.
• As a self contained cartridge, the outer ECS can be used with either a rotating or stationary John Crane primary seal of a bellows or pusher design.
• Available in lowand high temperature designs. Optimized tribopair ensures long life with low face wear and heat generation.
• Stationary mounted, uniformly loaded bellows plates produce closely controlled seal face loads for extended and reliable performance.
• High temperature version utilizes flexible graphite secondary seals for high temperature applications.
• High temperature variant constructed of Alloy 718 bellows for its high temperature, high strength and corrosion resistance capabilities.
TEMPERATURE LIMITS400°F to 800°F/204°C to 425°C
PRESSURE LIMITSDynamic (wet): 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g) - -Static (wet and dry): 450 psi(g)/31 bar(g) - -Dynamic (dry): 15 psi(g)/1 bar(g) -