Manufacturer: John Crane
High performance, Reduced moment Design for Low Overhung Moment (API 671 and ISO 10441)
H RE series couplings are designed for medium to high speed turbomachinery applications where low overhung moment and light weight with a high degree of reliability are critical. The couplings are manufactured in high alloy steel, with high strength stainless steel flexible elements, supported by aircraft standard fastenings. The couplings are generally balanced to API 671 or similar, with pilot location to retain a very high level of repeatability.
• The separate spacer can be varied to provide the appropriate distance between shaft ends and the required torsional stiffness to suit individual applications.
• Reduced moment arrangement.
• Flexible discs visible for easy inspection.
• Factory assembled hub/flex element units.
• High reliability stainless steel flexible disc design.
• Shrouded bolts to reduce windage.
• Built in overload collars for additional safety.
• Full compliance with ISO10441 (API 671) - no exceptions.
MAXIMUM TORQUE580,000 Nm (5,130,000 lbf/in)
SPEED LIMITS37,700 rpm
TEMPERATURE LIMITS-65°F to 300°F/ 55°C to 150°C