Manufacturer: Evoqua Water Technologies
Effective solids removal based on specific gravity and flow rate
• No moving parts
• Removal of up to 98% of solids 2.6 specific gravity and higher
• Heavy duty construction
• Excellent pretreatment solution to reduce solids load on downstream filtration
Evoqua’s VAF[TM] brand Hydrocyclone Separators are effective in removing suspended particles from any flow stream of water where the specific gravity (density) of the particle(s) is heavier than the fluid it is in. The more significant the difference in gravity between the water and the particle, the greater the efficiency of the removal process. Depending on the specific gravity of the particle and the viscosity of the flow stream, very small and denser particles can be removed.
Consider a separator's use where any source of water contains contaminants with a weight of 2.6 specific gravity or higher, such as well water to remove sand. Separators are excellent for use in cooling tower open loops or as a pre-removal device for filters with river or ditch water that contain high levels of sand or other large organic debris.
HOW IT WORKS
Liquids and solids enter the unit and begin traveling in a circular flow. This centripetal action forces heavier particles downward in a spiral motion to the separation chamber. The particles collect in this separation chamber and are purged from the system. The filtered water is drawn to the separator’s vortex and up through the outlet.
• Simple installation
• Heavy duty construction for a long service life
COOLING TOWER TREATMENT SYSTEMS
• includes basic painted steel skid, VHS separator, isolation valve and manual purge valve. Options include pre-strainer, auto purge and bag recovery vessel
• includes upgraded epoxy coated steel railed skid, pre-strainer, VHS separator, isolation valve and auto purge valve. Option includes bag recovery vessel