Manufacturer: ITT Goulds
Goulds JCU Submersible Pumps.
Thousands of installations attest to the remarkable versatility of the Model JC Slurry Pump. Fifteen sizes are available in a wide range of materials and configurations, making the JC ideal for most medium duty abrasive and/or corrosive slurry services. Plus, it's designed for extreme ease of maintenance and long hours of reliable operation.
• Heads to 240 feet (73 m)
• Temperatures to 250° F (120° C)
• Pressures to 127 PSIG (876 kPa)
• Spherical solids to 2 1 /4 inches (57 mm)
• Heavy Duty Design: Extra thick wall sections in high wear areas.
• Replaceable Suction Liner: Easy to replace protects casing from wear.
• Suction Cover: Bell shaped intake reduces entrance losses and improves suction characteristics.
• Integral Strainer: Suction cover has cast on vertical tines to prohibit oversized solids from clogging pump.
• Pump Mounting: Three cast on legs give excellent support and stability. Optional slide rail also available to permit easy removal from sump.
• Maximum Interchangeability: Suction Cover Liner and Casing are interchangeable with Goulds Models JC (horizontal) and VJC (vertical cantilever) pumps.
• Submersible Motors: Goulds submersible series motors are designed and built specifically for tough slurry pumping. Heavy duty design features for reliability include:
UL and CSA Approved Explosion Proof
Epoxy encapsulated and butt spliced cable entry
System prevents liquid from entering top of motor and provides non wicking design.
Permanently lubricated and sealed ball bearings.
Class insulation and 1.15 service factor standard.
Tandem mechanical seals provide complete protection for motor internals.
Thermal protection standard.
Dual moisture probes provide early warning of seal failure.
Conforms to NEMA, IEEE, ANSI and NEC standards.
High temperature option allows operation to 94° F (90° C).
5 year Pro Rated Warranty
• Moisture Detector: required on all submersibles for warranty validation. Provides one normally open and one normally closed connection for activating a warning and/or de energizing the motor.
• Slide Rail System: available on Model JCU, Goulds slide rail system provides easy removal of pump unit without disturbing discharge piping. Unique slurry design utilizes a locking cam action with locator lugs and a large O ring for positive sealing (no leakage) while allowing a tangential discharge for high efficiency. This is an important feature when pumping slurries; if a tight seal is not achieved, leakage can cause rapid and excessive wear of the mating flanges resulting in reduction of performance as well as increased maintenance costs. Goulds slide rail system meets all requirements for toughest slurry services.