Manufacturer: John Crane
Single Mechanical Seals for Sulzer Process Pumps
Type SEW is a seal operating on a non pressurized water quench principle. It is designed for the most demanding applications in the pulp industry, where reliable and long lasting operation is required from a seal. Typical applications include stock pumps at pulp mill washing and screening facilities, as well as high temperature condensate pumps.
• Heat shrunk seal faces - ensures correct face alignment at all temperatures recommended for this seal.
• Spring located in a stationary body - shaft misalignment does not pump up the spring or wear out the O ring.
• Installation against the shaft shoulder - easy installation reduces risk of human error. No measurements required for installation.
• No drive pins at seals - seal face does not crack at start up.
• Available in different materials - selection covers all possible single seal applications.
• Non pressurized seal water quench - possible to cool seal with non pressurized seal water at high temperatures. A V ring prevents water leakage from the seal.
• By using a Sulzer Scanpump cartridge tool, the seal becomes a true cartridge seal.
• Available with grease lubrication - the Safeseal Type SEW can be used with grease quench to save seal water.
PRESSURE LIMITSProcess pressure: 215 psi(g)/15 bar(g)
STANDARD MATERIALSSeal faces: SiC/Carbon or SiC/SiC O rings: PTFE, EPDM, Viton Metals: AISI 329 (standard), titanium, UHB Springs: Nimonic steel V ring: Nitrile