Manufacturer: John Crane
Stainless Steel Discs in Factory assembled Cartridge for High torque Applications (Metric)
TLK coupling range is particularly suited for high torque electric motor or turbine drives in critical process industry, marine and power generation. Torque is transmitted through two sets of membranes, separated by a spacer element, and protected by two adaptable guard rings in a pre assembled transmission unit. The coupling provides a good level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment, while maintaining a high level of balance integrity. Standard options for spark resistance, electrical insulation, limited end float and torque limiting are available. The TLK utilizes all metric fasteners.
• Meets API 610 (ISO 13709). Can be supplied to meet API 671 (ISO10441).
• Intrinsic balance meets AGMA class 9.
• Excellent power to weight ratio.
• High misalignment capability.
• Low imposed forces on machinery leading to reduced machinery vibration and maximized bearing life.
• Stainless steel flexible membranes for maximum life.
• Cartridge transmission unit eases assembly and gives repeatable balance.
• Overload collars are fitted to protect the flexible membranes in case of severe torsional overload, with an option in spark resistant materials.
• Anti fly retention of the spacer in the unlikely event of membrane failure.
• Puller holes incorporated into hubs as standard.
• Unique modular design allows correctly rated coupling to be installed, even on large diameter shafts.
• Special thread form ensures hub bolts have all metal, self locking feature for security. This allows the bolts to be used repeatedly without compromising their integrity.
• Compression and jacking bolt features for easy installation and removal of spacer assembly as standard.
MAXIMUM TORQUE468,000 Nm (4,141,300 lbf/in)
SPEED LIMITS15,300 rpm
TEMPERATURE LIMITS-40°F to 300°F/ 40°C to 150°C