Manufacturer: John Crane
Single Stationary Welded Metal Bellows API 682 Cartridge Seal Type C, Arrangement 1
The Type 1604HTC is an API 682/ISO 21049 qualified single stationary bellows cartridge seal Type C, Arrangement 1. The Type 1604HTC incorporates all Inconel HTC technology to reliably seal high temperature corrosive fluids. The seal includes a segmented spring loaded carbon throttle bushing for effective containment with a retained mating ring for vacuum service. The cartridge seal also incorporates a steam guide for effective use of a quench (steam) that helps eliminate coking problems often associated with hot hydrocarbon applications. The Type 1604HTC is able to handle higher speed applications.
• Incorporates HTC high temperature corrosion resistant technology for superior corrosion resistance and exceptional face stability.
• John Crane Sealide® advanced silicon carbide composite.
• Retained mating ring option for vacuum service.
• Segmented spring loaded carbon throttle bushing for effective containment.
• All Inconel metal bellows metallurgy; meets NACE MR0175/MR0103.
• Stationary bellows assembly capable of handling high shaft speed applications and high shaft to seal chamber misalignment.
• Steam guide standard for effective utilization of a steam quench in coking environments
• Typical applications include hydrocarbons, aromatic fractionation products, heat transfer fluids, chemicals, caustics, some acids, aqueous solutions, lubricating liquids
TEMPERATURE LIMITS100°F to 800°F/ 75°C to 425°C
PRESSURE LIMITSVacuum to 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)