XP SKX Series
Manufacturer: BJM Pumps
316 cast stainless steel explosion proof electric submersible pumps with shredder action impellers for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D Hazardous Locations XP SKX Series shredder series pumps are designed to obliterate solids by tearing, breaking and ripping them to pieces. The shredding action is caused by using a cutting impeller with a tungsten carbide tip against a spiral shaped diffuser plate. XP SKX pumps have non clog impellers designed for high volume and lift performance. All "wet" parts (such as impeller, wear plate and pump housing) are made of cast 316 stainless material. The elastomers such as o rings, lip seals and gaskets are made of FKM. Standard power cable is made of oil resistant material. Special installation can be made with EPDM power cable and elastomers. (BUNA (Nitril) also available). FM approved motor for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D hazardous locations. Available in 208, 230, 460 or 575 Volt 60Hz. Contact factory for 50Hz availability.
• Three seal motor protection - Motor is protected by two independent mechanical seals. Lower seal made of silicon carbide/silicon carbide and upper seal is made of carbon/ceramic. An additional lip seal has been installed to help prevent abrasives such as dirt, silt or sand, from entering into the seal chamber. Standard elastomers are Buna N (FKM optional).
• Air filled motor with winding protection and (NEMA) Class F motor insulation. Seal leakage detector(s) in seal chamber offers early warning should water enter the chamber.
• Epoxy coated motor housing - Superior two part epoxy to protect the motor from exposure to the surrounding liquid.
• Hardened cast iron stands up to rough handling and pumping sandy water unlike pumps with soft resin impellers or plastic exterior components.
• Longer power cord - Standard 50ft. power.
• Specifications dependent on model and may change without notice.